Sunday 3 August 2008

Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble

PMR Trials are coming up. I've started my studying, at last. Now, I know, that zinc carbonate + heat -> zinc oxide + carbon dioxide. Haha. Got some flipping new revision books, since I have such a lousy Science teacher at school, who can't decide which language to teach in.

I'm not liking my chances in the Trials, though, and still undecided whether to expect an easy year thanks to election results, or a difficult one for the same reason. But I definitely won't be hedging my bets, 'cause I'm going all out for straight As.

On a side note, TNT and robotics state level competition both happened together on the previous Wednesday. For TNT, 19 persons responded to the call. I'll be praying for them not to fall off the track. On the performance side, though, I did quite badly on projection. Other than that, the cable (no pun intended) was extremely loose, and gave a greenish input to the projector. Cheap thing. Besides all of those, I wouldn't really know, because I was sitting on stage most of the time. The message, I have heard before, but it IS refreshing to hear it again.

The other side, which is robotics, well, Anderson swept up the top 2 spots. First and second place, baby! I've been working my butt off for it, and was supposed to go for the competition. But I decided to work on TNT, since i felt my work was done in the robotics thing. But I am going for the nationals, which will probably be all the way down to Johor.

Ha, back to miracles in my life. Finally got around to studying seriously, and it hasn't been too difficult yet. Then, there ARE some things that I... just shouldn't mention. Got really tired out thanks to robotics, church music practice, TNT, and potbless all happening around the same time. Stayed out about 10 hours a day, fully working most of the time. But, I felt something, like I was running on energy that I didn't have. It was kinda funny, since I was tired, but didn't feel it. I obviously attribute it to God, for He is my strength.

This song is written by Reuben Morgan, from Hillsong. The lyrics really helped me reinforce what I have learned throughout the years.

You Are My Strength

VERSE 1:
You are my strength
Strength like no other
Strength like no other
Reaches to me

VERSE 2:
You are my hope
Hope like no other
Hope like no other
Reaches to me

CHORUS:
In the fullness of Your grace
In the power of Your Name
You lift me up
You lift me up

VERSE 3:
Unfailing love
Stronger than mountains
Deeper than oceans
Reaches to me

BRIDGE:
Your love O Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness
Reaches to the skies

For His love is greater than all other, and it has been proven, time and time again, that we can put our full trust in Him. For in our weakness, He is our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment