Thursday 25 October 2012

There's Nothing On My Mind

It's another nondescript Wednesday morning. I wake up to the sound of my morning alarm, only to snooze to oblivion. Turning it off, I finally get out of bed an hour later after inadvertently going back to sleep. Then, my day begins. And then.

There's nothing on my mind. Nothing.

I mean, why is there nothing on my mind? No pertinent issues, no dates and deadlines creeping up on me, no drive to achieve. The problem is, there are pertinent issues, dates and deadlines creeping up on me, and I need a drive to clear all these things. So, why? Why am I so apathetic to my own situation? Seriously, why?

I need to find a way to understand, to comprehend my situation. A way to understand what surrounds me, and why I don't seem to bother about what surrounds me. Pen and paper would help, but isn't our generation getting worse at jotting notes down with physical ink?

I don't know, but maybe that's just what I want.
I know for certain, what I need right now is a place to rest my head.
A elaborate introspective.
Written to, figuratively, put pen to paper so that I can think.

No comments:

Post a Comment