Friday 13 June 2008

Friday the 13th

As a believe in Christ, therefore a non-believer in superstition, I consider "Black Friday" superstitions to be pure nonsense. BUT, on this very day, I have suffered many failures, coming straight at me, one by one. First off was my piano exams. I wasn't focused on it, since holidays are, well, holidays. I absolutely blanked out on my aural tests and halfway through my scales. Right after that, I went to school to pass my KH stuff. It didn't make it through, after all I went through to get it done. My teachers also used sharp words to describe my errors... They can't seem to stop being annoying... For example, they usually talk to the wall during lessons, if you get my drift. And they're real touchy about this attendance book thing, which is a farce to get the students to THINK that skipping classes will get them blacklisted or something.

Anyway, let's get off the low parts. C. S. Lewis, one of the most renowned apologists in the Modern Era wrote in his book, "The Screwtape Letters" this interesting piece (it comes from the POV of a senior demon):

"Now it may surprise you to learn that in His (God's) efforts to get permanent possession of a soul, He (God) relies on the troughs even more than the peaks; some of His special favourites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else"

Well, I believe that this is true, as the people I know who are strong in faith have certain issues that make/made their life difficult. And as the renowned Joses Khoo once said, "You can't always have the good life, like Kanye West and T-Pain." These all lead to the "philosophy" that the inner man matures through suffering and difficulties.

All in all, I know that God is with me, and as per Jeremiah 29:11,

  • "For I know the plans I have for You," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope."

Which means, when you experience hardship and difficulties, take it as a process; a process that eventually makes you a better person.

1 comment: