Wednesday 2 July 2008

Eye of the Storm

Well... As usual, feeling emo. But this time, I'm happy too. Although, the teacher-adviser for the school Scrabble club/sport has left... She's going to do her Master's, in counseling I think. Don't know a shred actually =P. She's been kind to us, because she's a counseling teacher, we get to use the counseling room to store our sets. She also did all the legwork to get sponsorship for us to be able to represent the school at the Scrabble national championships in KL. Also, she bought snacks for all the competitors during the state level competition that we hosted. The canteen was closed since our seniors asked the stall owners too late =). All the way from Tesco Extra. We got first place by the way =).

Other than that, report card day's coming up. Friday. It's gonna be boring, since I'll stay for CF instead of going home earlyyy.

Since I don't have anything really "happening" to share, let us go through my devotion for today, which IS happening.


I've been reading this book Shas lent me, titled Kings and Kingdoms. It's about the End-Time Prophecies in the Book of Daniel. It looks so far to be a great book. It's written by Dr. Paul Tan, who also has another book on the end-times too. Now, I just read through a part which says (in caps actually, but I'll spare you the agony),

"Thus, whosoever denies the Father and the Son has the spirit of the antichrist!!!"

Then, my devotion chapter for today is 1 John 4. Let's see what just happened:

1 John 4:2-3, "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, (3) but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God."
In the middle of these two, Benjamin told me that he feels the Spirit "telling him to be more careful" and that there's an uneasy feeling "in the spirit world", like Satan's planning something. Interesting. So, people, please keep alert and pray. Watch out for temptations and face them, and prevail. But remember, we humans are not perfect and fail sometimes, but don't use that as an excuse to be laid back. And don't forget, always go back to the scriptures. Anything I say might not be totally true, but the word of God always is, and will be.

And that's all for tonight. Have to finish up pre-sleep things like bathing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment